Installed in LDAP/ Credential Manager mode
Novell Client sp5
DoNTAssoc set to "1" or DoClientAssoc set to "1." (Same behavior either way)
XP sp2 workstation
Password changes made via "ctrl, alt, del change password" are not picked up by
SecureLogin until the user again enters credentials.
Working as currently designed. There is no mechanism in place for the Novell NCP Client to communicate with the SecureLogin LDAP Client. Enhancement request has been entered.
Steps to duplicate:
1. User boots workstation and logs into eDirectory tree trough the Novell
Client for Windows GINA.
2. SecureLogin makes an LDAP connection to the same tree behind the scenes.
SecureLogin "About" shows the primary store as LDAP-Available.
3. Run a notepad script that displays ?sysuser and ?syspassword. These
credentials show the values entered by the user to login, as expected.
4. Press "ctrl, alt, del change password" and change the password for the tree.
5. Run the notepad script again. The new password is not displayed; the values
shown for ?sysuser and ?syspassword will not have changed. The expected
behavior would have been that the new password would have been typed into
6. Hit refresh cache, manage logins, or let the cache refresh interval expire.
NLDAPAuth will prompt the user to authenticate, and will require the new
7. Run the notepad script again. This time the new password will be displayed.
The new password is passed from the Novell Client to SecureLogin. The new
password is not picked up by SecureLogin until manually entered by the user.