Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management Support Pack 2 - ZCM 11 SP2 System Update
Whenever an import of the 11.2 System Update is attempted. The system-update-import.log presents the following errors:
[SystemUpdateDownloader]Error downloading update com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalDataModelException: Failed to create Content object.
Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ConnectionException: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: could not insert/select ids for bulk update
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: could not insert/select ids for bulk update
Caused by: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Closed Connection
[SUImportUpdator]Error importing system update contents com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.exceptions.SystemUpdateException: Error importing system update contents
Enabling Java c3p0 logging and hibernate logs presents the following error "closed connection" error with the following exception from oracle :
"java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object".
There is also a failure to execute the SQL statement always with the same exception.
This is addressed with the latest ojdbc6.jar file that has been provided by Oracle in their Oracle 126.96.36.199 release. The 188.8.131.52 release can be found at Oracle Software Download
To insert the newly download ojbdc6.jar file into the ZENworks 11.2.0 Install follow these steps:
- Extract the ISO to C:\Upgrade
- Locate the current ojdbc6-11gR2.jar file in the C:\Upgrade\Common\jars folder and replace that file with the later ojdbc6.jar file. Make sure to rename the latest ojdbc6.jar to ojdbc6-11gR2.jar
- Locate the ojdbc6-11gR2.jar in ZENWORKS_HOME\zdc\lib\java\system folder and replace that file with the later ojdbc6.jar file. Make sure to rename the latest ojdbc6.jar to ojdbc6-11gR2.jar
- Then run setup.exe from C:\Upgrade
This issue is related to the one discussed @ https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2135149 and the issue is addressed in Oracle 184.108.40.206. Please see the list of issue fixed in Oracle 220.127.116.11 @
Looks for the issue under JDBC section. 9373409 JDBC thin intermittently receives socket exception particularly on
windows 2008 or vista env when making a shared server connection.
Following are the observations :
1) Whenever ZCM attempts to upload System Update content, it will fail with a "closed connection" error and the following exception from oracle :
"java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object". We are failing to execute the sql statement always with the same exception.
2) It was observed in the Oracle forums that it has something to do with the "Oracle 11g" and the above exception. Check the links for more information :
The Content-repository > system-update directory, does show a folder for 11.2 and there is some content in there (mostly .dll\'s, no msi\'s or rpm\'s). The 11.2 update is seen in ZCC > Configuration > System-update and it shows error. Additional downloads of the System Update and burning of DVD's does not resolve the issue. ISO checksum matches. Administrator user is used.