Novell GroupWise 8
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 1
Novell GroupWise 8 Hot Patch 2
Renamed Users with Calendar Entries with Alarms set and nickname created for the old name
Error: "Access denied [D124]" after renaming the user on the POA Log file
Error: "Access denied [D124]" during login on the POA screen
Renamed the users and created nickname for the old name
Please apply GroupWise 8 Support Pack 1 or later.
One workaround would be to delete the nicknames but that is not always feasible after renaming the user.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Install latest GroupWise Agents and Client.
- Create 2 users named A1 and B1.
- Login as A1 and send an Appointment from A1 to B1.
- Login as B1 and accept the Appointment and set an Alarm.
- Rename B1 to B2 and click Yes on "Create nicknames(s) for the selected object(s)?"
- Login as B2 and POA screen shows D124 error messages
POA Log file shows
19:54:08 272 C/S Login Linux ::GW Id=b1 (b2) :: fe80::20c:29ff:fee6:55d2 [::1]
19:54:08 272 Error: Access denied [D124] User:b2 (b1) (b2 (b1))
19:54:08 272 *** APP DISCONNECTED, Tbl Entry=3, Check ID=1247081243
19:55:08 272 *** NEW APP CONNECTION, Tbl Entry=3, Check ID=1247081244
19:55:08 272 C/S Login Linux ::GW Id=b1 (b2) :: fe80::20c:29ff:fee6:55d2 [::1]
19:55:08 272 Error: Access denied [D124] User:b2 (b1) (b2 (b1))