Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management Support Pack 2 - ZCM 11 SP2 Imaging
When trying to perform imaging operations using ZenworksTodo the app shows "could not connect to server"
- Download the latest WINPE drivers CAB file e.g., Dell-WinPE-Drivers-A06.CAB from the Dell Support site.
- Extract the CAB file to a folder, e.g., "Optiplex 980 Drivers".
- Copy the winpe.wim file under the WAIK installation e.g., "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86" to C:\winpe_dell
- Execute the following commands on the WAIK console (note the location in the third command is the location from step 2).
DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\winpe_dell\winpe.wim /index:1 /MountDir:C:\winpe_dell\mount
DISM /image:C:\WinPE_dell\mount /add-driver /driver:"C:\Users\administrator\Desktop\Optiplex 980 Drivers" /recurse /forceunsigned
DISM /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\winpe_dell\mount /Commit
- Upload the modified winpe.wim through ZCC from Configuration > Device Management > Preboot Services > Third Party Imaging Settings
winpe does not contain the necessary drivers