SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 2
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux
Novell eDirectory 8.8 for Linux
Unable to add new server to existing tree - "Tree names do not match"
ERROR: "Tree names do not match"
ERROR: "At the address specified the "" tree responded."
Message "The name of the tree that you requested to join is: ABCTree"
Ensure the following :-
- /etc/hosts on the new server has the entry of IP address and DNS name of the and the server holding master replica of [Root].
- /etc/hosts.nds on the new server has TREENAME with trailing period a tab and the IP address of the server that holds a Master or R/W replica. (ABCtree. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
- Try to ping and Telenet on port 524 to the the IP address of the server that holds a Master or R/W replica.
- If Ping and Telnet to the Master of [Root] replica holding Server and even the R/W replica holding servers fails, reconfigure the new server's network card. If the server has multi network cards, then disable network cards that are not in use and try again.
Configuring Network card using Yast :-
- Start Yast from GUI.
- Go to Network Devices and click on Network Card.
- Select Traditional Method with ifup and click Next.
- Select the card you need to configure if there are more than one Network cards and click on Edit.
- Fill in the appropriate settings like Static IP address, Subnet Mask, Hostname and Name Server etc. and click next.
- Click Finish.
- On console window run rcnetwork restart .