Novell NetWare 6.5
NovellÂ® Distributed File Services
Users cannot see the directories or files on the target location when DFS is being used
Admin can access the files and directories on the target location without any issues
If users cannot see the directories or files on the target location, check the file system trustees and trustee rights on the junction and on the junction target location. Users need at least the Read and File Scan rights for visibility into the directory structure.
Below mentioned are the steps to Modify Trustees Rights for the Junction:
- Launch iManager http://IPAddress/nps/iManager.html
- Browse to locate and select the junction that needs to be modified.
- Click Junction Rights.
- Select the Trustee check box next to the user whose rights has to be configured and then modify the userâs rights.
- (Optional) Copy the changed settings to the target location by selecting all Trustees and then clicking Copy to Target.
- Click Target Rights, verify the trustee and trustee rights settings for the junction target location, then modify the trustee rights if needed.
- Click OK or Apply to save all of the trustee rights changes.