Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (OES 2) Linux Support Pack 2
Novell iManager 2.7
- Make sure that the Server holds a real copy replica, Master or Read/Write.
- Add the NSS volume path to the file /etc/opt/novell/ncpserv.conf as
Parameter value: VOLUME ncp_volume_name linux_file_system_path
Example: VOLUME sys /usr/novell/sys
- Reconfigure NSS through YAST and make sure that NSS admin object must be specified in the context in which the Server resides i.e the context for NSS admin object should be same as the Server context. In doing so make sure that the schema is extended. Use the command below to check if schema is extended:
- Also the NSS admin object created should have supervisory rights to the container in which the Server resides.
- Restart NAMCD using ârcnamcd restartâ command and NSS using ârcnovell-nss stopâ and ârcnovell-nss startâ and then update NDS using F4 in NSSMU.
An error 613 is returned if the server has no eDirectory Read/Write replica. The error occurs because NCP cannot map to the pool or volume.