What is written to /var/tmp by ZCM on SLES?
- Any files that are uploaded from ZCC are temporarily stored under "/var/tmp" before being packaged and moved to the content-repository. This includes all bundle contents including icon files.
- The files in /var/tmp are removed as soon as the content is imported into the system, which may take anything between a few seconds to tens of minutes depending upon the load on server, the size of the bundle and whether the zenloader is running properly.
- External content such as that created by System Update and Patch Management patches do not write to /var/tmp.
- ZENworks image files are not written to /var/tmp. They are stored directly into /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/images.
- However, the imaging service will temporarily store third party imaging files uploaded from the ZCC to /var/tmp.
- /var/tmp is also used by Asset Management to temporarily store Purchase Record data.