Novell eDirectory 126.96.36.199 for Windows 2003
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Accomplished two tasks:
- migrated a GroupWise post office from a NetWare server to this Windows server, and
- changed the IP address on the Windows server to the one formerly used by the NetWare server.
Upon reboot, eDirectory would not open. When running a dsrepair operation, the -6007 and -663 errors were observed.
The local server administrator had installed the Microsoft Client Services for NetWare (CSNW) in order to copy the GroupWise files from the NetWare to the Windows server.
After removing CSNW from the Windows server and rebooting, eDirectory opened up without further work required.
In order to copy data from a NetWare server to a Windows server, it is recommended to either:
1) Use a workstation that can access both the NetWare and Windows servers, or
2) use the Novell Client on your Windows server to access the NetWare data stores, or
3) implement CIFS on the NetWare server from which you want to copy data.
In 2 & 3, you can copy the data directly from the Windows server console to the Windows server without impacting the operation of eDirectory.