Novell GroupWise 8
Unable to restore user's mailbox through Backup/Restore Mailbox option in ConsoleOne
User can manually restore the mails from Restore Area
Backup/Restore Mailbox works fine with GroupWise 7
Reported to Engineering
As a workaround user can manually restore the mails from restore area using File | Open Backup option in GroupWise client.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Make sure user has some mails in his mailbox.
2. Take the backup of the post office directory and domain database
3. Create a Restore Area with the backup post office by following the TID-7002221
4. Launch ConsoleOne, connect to the domain database and delete the user.
5. Restore the user account from backup domain database using the Tools | GroupWise Utilities | Recover deleted acount option in ConsoleOne.
6. Once done with user restoration, hightlight the user and click on Tools | GroupWise Utilities | Backup/Restore Mailbox and click on Yes.
Login to GroupWise client with the above mentioned user and user will not have the messages in the mailbox.
User can restore the mails from restore area by using File | Open Backup option the GroupWise client.