Novell iPrint for NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 8 iManger iPrint Plugin
After upgrading the server to Netware 6.5 SP8 the error "A system error occurred" appears when trying to create a printer agent through iManager
Download and install the latest iPrint iManager plug-in for NetWare.
- Go to download.novell.com
- Select iPrint from the Product or Technology drop down list. Click Search.
- Choose the latest iPrint Plug-in for iManager
- Note: As of the writing of this statement, the latest shows the date of 25 Dec 2008. However, after the ZIP file is extracted the contents will show an iPrint NetWare NPM with a 2009 date.
- Follow KB 3424524 to ensure the plug-in is properly updated.
- Customer reports conclude that the installing the iPrint plug-in through the normal method often works, but sometimes results in a half installed plug-in which causes Java to crash when attempting to create a printer agent.
- Log into iManager.
- Click on "Manage Print Manager" and then browse for the print manager.
- Select the "Printer Agents" tab and then "Tasks".
- Click on "Create" and fill in the info for the desired printer agent.