Common errors failing to install a server into a tree using ndsconfig, with the add or new parameters.
1) n4u_send_command failed with error code=-1
2) Command socket error: No such file or directory. ErrorCode=2
- create the file /root/.bashrc
- In the file have the line of text: . /opt/novell/eDirectory/bin/ndspath
2) The error: "Command socket error: No such file or directory. ErrorCode=2" is probably due to the instances.0 file missing.
- Go to the /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/.edir directory and type "touch instance.0"
- Re-run the ndsmanage or ndsconfig command to install the server into the tree.
Note: This error also occurs on a DSFW server while trying to create a test tree prior to restoring a database after losing the database. To fix please uncomment the samspm module from the ndsmodules.conf file during the install (ndsconfig new -x ....) and enable after the restore.