Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management with Support Pack 1 - 10.1
Unable to update ZENworks Configuration Management 10.1 to 10.1.1 using System Update
IMPORTANTIt is only necessary to use the steps below to manually upgrade to ZCM 10.1.1 if the on-line documentation System Update process fails
Determine the version of ZENworks Configuration Management:
- Windows: %ZENWORKS_HOME%\Novell\Zenworks\version.txt
- Linux: /etc/opt/novell/zenworks/version.txt
1. Download the zip file "ZCM_10_1_1.zip" from https://download.novell.com/patch/finder search for keyword "ZCM 10.1.1 manual update files" or "ZCM_10_1_1.zip"
2. Copy the zip file to one of the ZENworks servers in the zone (a location on the server where the ZENworks user has rights). Do not unzip the file.
a. For example, on Linux, copy the zip file to /opt/novell/zenworks/
b. For example on Windows, copy the zip file to %ZENWORKS_HOME%
3. From a command prompt on the Windows or Linux ZENworks server where you copied the zip file in step 2, run the command:
zman sui [path to zip file] (for details, run zman sui --help):
a. Example on Windows:
zman sui "C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\ZCM_10_1_1.zip"
b. Example on Linux:
zman sui /opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip
4. The zman sui command should successfully report: "The update(s) contained in"[path to file]"ZCM_10_1_1.zip will begin importing shortly. You may use ZCC to track the status of your import"
5. Follow the System Update steps in the on-line documentation to complete the deployment of the update to ZCM 10.1.1.
The update can be canceled and re-deployed. See the on-line documentation for details.