GroupWise 6 Support Pack 2
Structure and Content check with fix indexes does not resolve the issue.
1. Launch the client and go to tools\options\environment\file location and verify that there is a path for archive.
2. Archive some mail and verify that "Tools\options\environment\cleanup options" are all set to manual delete.
3. Close the GroupWise client.
4. Open the archive path in Windows explorer.
5. Under the "OFxxxxarc" directory there should be an "Index" directory.
6. If there are files there delete them.
7. Open the GroupWise client again.
8. Hold the SHIFT+CTL keys and select "File\Open Archive".
9. When prompted that mailbox will be rebuild click on "Yes".
10. Once the rebuild is complete the archive will open in the client.
11. Close the client and go check the "Index" directory again and there are no files there.
12. In the 5.5 clients this procedure will regenerate indexes in the archive directory.
13. Now open the client again and set the "tools\options\environment\cleanup options" to auto archive after so many days.
14. Restart the client and watch status at the bottom.
15. When auto archive process is complete go back to the "Index" directory under the archive path and .idx files will then be generated.
Workaround is to set clean up options on the client to auto archive. This will not be possible if clean up options are locked down to delete the mail at the post office or domain level.