Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
Novell Open Enterprise Server (Linux based)
Novell Linux Desktop 9
Systems displaying or processing date/time information in a Brazilian timezone.
The following packages are affected for SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 based products:
- Core timezone package (glibc), Service Pack 2: fixed as of version 2.4-31.58. [Maint]
- Core timezone package (glibc), Service Pack 1: fixed as of version 2.4-31.43.13. [Maint]
- PHP: Fixed as of version 2008.7-0.3 of the php5-timezonedb package. [Maint]
- IBM Java 1.5, Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 1: Fixed as of version 1.5.0_sr8a-1.1 of the java-1_5_0-ibm package. [Maint]
- IBM Java 1.4.2: Fixed as of version 1.4.2_sr11-0.8 of the java-1_4_2-ibm package. [Maint]
- Sun Java: [Sun]
- Evolution: Fixed as of version 1.6.0-43.84 of the evolution-data-server package. [Maint]
Code 9 products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Open Enterprise Server 1 (Linux based), Novell Linux Desktop (Last updated: 2008-10-27)
The following packages are affected for CODE9 based products:
- Core timezone package (glibc): Fixed as of version 2.3.3-98.101 [Maint]
- IBM Java 1.5: Fixed as of version 1.5.0-0.50 of the IBMJava2-JRE and IBMJava2-SDK packages. [Maint]
- Sun Java: [Sun]
- Evolution: [NTS]
Older products: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 (Last updated: 2008-11-18)
The following packages are affected for SLES8:
- Core timezone package (glibc): Fixed as of version2.2.5-269.
- IBM Java: [IBM]
- Sun Java: [Sun]
StatusReported to Engineering
[Maint]: Regular maintenance update of the package, available through the online update mechanism or from download.novell.com.
[PTF]: Patch Temporary Fix packages are packages containing fixes for a specific problem. These packages have not undergone the quality assurance procedure that is followed for maintenance updates. PTF packages should be replaced by a maintenance update for the issue as soon as one is available. The following disclaimer applies to PTF packages:
This patch is provided as a temporary solution to your support request and will most likely solve the problem you reported. However, as it was impossible to test the patch extensively in such a short time, we cannot guarantee that this patch will not cause any problems, including problems with other components of your system. Therefore, with regard to the utilization of this patch, we can only accept limited liability as stipulated in the master agreement closed with you for the provision of this support service. Any additional liability for defects or other liabilities is excluded.[NTS]: No maintenance update or public PTF is currently available for this component. Customers affected by this issue are encouraged to open a service request with Novell Technical Services for support.
[IBM]: No maintenance update or public PTF is currently available for this component, but a patch utility is available from the IBM Time Zone Update Utility for Java Download Page.
[Sun]: No maintenance update or public PTF is currently available for this component. Please refer to Sun's document Timezone Data Versions in the JRE Software for more information.
A scan of the Brazilian government decree regarding this DST change is available at the website of the Brazilian national observatory: http://pcdsh01.on.br/HVdecreto6558_20080908.JPG
For general information on Daylight Saving Time handling on Linux, please see TID 3655154 - Daylight Saving Time (DST) Handling in Linux. This TID also explains how to validate the DST settings.