Novell NetWare 6.5
When a file is marked "Execute Only" it cannot be copied anymore which may cause tape backup software to be unable to back it up.
There are two methods/utilities for removing the Execute Only (X) file attribute:
Method/Utility 1 - NSSCPT NSS enginereeng has added ATTRIB functionality to NSSCPT.NLM as of October 4, 2004. This utility is normally available in the TOOLS\NSSTOOLS subdirectory of the NetWare 6.5 Support Packs. However, since the functionality was only added 10/4/2004, you must obtain the file from Novell Technical Support until the release of NetWare 6.5 SP3 or newer. Once you have the correct file, the following server console command will remove the "Execute Only" file attribute from ALL files on a volume: NSSCPT SYS:\ -ATTRIB -X -INCDIRS -D
For more details about the NSSCPT.NLM utility, including other options, attribute settings and errors see TID 10093361.
NOTE: This file is only available with the assistance of Novell Technical Support. Please contact Novell Technical Support if you are in need of this utility.
WARNING: You must disable the Novell Client "File Caching". If you don't disable the client caching, it can cause errors. To disable Novell Client Caching perform the following steps:
1. Go to Start \ Control Panel \ Network Connections.
2. Right mouse click on Local Area Connection (or the connection you are using) and select "Properties".
3. Highlight "Novell Client for Windows" and click on "Properties".
4. Click on the "Advanced Settings" tab.
5. Highlight the "File Caching" entry and change the drop down "Setting" to Off.
You will need to reboot for the setting to take effect.
1. Launch the attached FileAttribute.exe file (it is a Win32 application).
2. Click the "Browse" button at the bottom of the screen of the "NetWare Information" tab.
3. Browse the to file with the X flag and click on "OK".
4. In the "Attributes" pane of the "NetWare Information" tab, unmark the "Execute" option.
5. Click on the "Apply" button.
Formerly known as TID# 10095051