Novell Tomcat on NetWare 4.0
Novell NetWare 6.5
Novell NetWare 6.5
One of the following symptoms is present :
- Tomcat does not start.
- Running "java -show" does not show any org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap in the Classname table:
- Failing with the error :
tccheck: LDAP is not up yet; waiting
LDAP connectivity not found on ldap://localhost:636
Please load NLDAP and then manually execute command: sys:/tomcat/4/bin/startup
If your server host certificates have change recently, executing sys:/system/tckeygen.ncf may be needed to restore secure LDAP connectivity java: Class com.novell.application.tomcat.util.tccheck.LDAPVerifier exited successfully
- Error 500 or 503 status codes when connecting to a tomcat-based web application.
- Ensure that LDAP is operational :
- Run TCPCON.
- Select "Protocol Information".
- Select "TCP".
- Open the connection table. This lists the open TCP ports. It is divided into two sides - a local and a remote site, each one containing a hostname/IP address and a port number.
- Browse down the local side looking for "ldaps" or "636" for the local port. If it is not found, unload NLDAP, then load NLDAP back up. Then repeat the process. If this fails, ensure the server has valid SSL certificates (run PKIDIAG, then hit options 4,5,6 and 0). If this fails, consult the knowledge base regarding LDAP failures.
- Once it is verified that the LDAP is listening on the proper port, run "TCKEYGEN". On the logger screen, this should display something similar to the following :
Exporting the Host certificate from:localhost
Trying to import Certificate 0 subjectDN=CN=nw65a.lab.novell.com, O=TOPO
Trying to import Certificate 1 subjectDN=O=TOPO, OU=Organizational CA
java: Class com.novell.application.tomcat.util.EDirectoryIntegrator exited successfully
- After properly importing the Certificate into the keystore, start tomcat using "TOMCAT4".