Novell GroupWise 7
Microsoft Outlook Express 6
If mail is sent via the GroupWise client the sender's e-mail address is displayed Correctly as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reported to engineering.
StatusReported to Engineering
Steps to duplicate
1. In Internet Addressing Set Userid@Internet Domain Name as only allowed Email Address.
2. Set the Userid@Internet Domain Name as Preferred Address.
3. In user Properties Internet Addressing Override the Email Address on the User object to example first.lastname (don't use the rule firstname.lastname, wrote it manually to the preferred Email ID type it mane.g. email@example.com)
4. Connect with a GroupWise Client. Send an e-mail to the user.
5. Connect with the Outlook Connector. Check the sender's Address it will be firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Login to the GroupWise for Outlook Client OR drop an e-mai via Telnet to the GWIA.
With Following command,
telnet [GWIA Server IP address] 25
Ehlo mail from:email@example.com
Data this is test mail .
You see the userid@internetdomain as E-mail Address in the Outlook Connector.
If you check Email over IMAP the E-mail address is userid@internetdomain.
We can see that if we send e-mail directly from GroupWise client then it works normally and displays sender's e-mail as defined in Preferred E-mail address in the User Properties Internet Addressing Tab.