Novell GroupWise 2012
- Receive the following error message on the client when saving changes to a Distribution list: "An error occurred while saving the item to the address book".
- Receiving error message: "An error occurred while saving the item to the address book" also seems to trigger a C006 error on the POA verbose logs.
- Not always able to add or save new users to a Distribution list, from the client.
- Not always able to add or save comments to a Distribution list, from the client.
- Comments added to a Distribution list, sometimes get erased or partially erased.
A good workaround is not possible at this time. Keep closing and reopening the DL until needed user and/or comments are successfully saved.
- Connect to owning domain, create a new Distribution List.
- Change Visibility to System before adding recipients and admins.
- Add recipients and the admins.
- Login to GroupWise as one of the admin users.
- Opened up new DL from the NAB.
- Add a comment, saved it and close the DL. Should be able to add at least one comment for now.
- Reopen the DL, part of the previously added Comment may have been removed.
- Add a user, save with new comment, may get a "An error occurred while saving the item to the address book" error message.
- Close the DL, reopened it, should be able to open the DL correctly with edit rights.
- Checked POA log, noticed a C006 error for the user that was trying to edit the DL.
This problem was worse than the originally reported. NOTE that before this was fixed it was possible to delete user's from the system address book. When removing the user you just added to the DL, Notice that instead of deleting the member record it deleted the user record.