Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (Linux based)
Patches offered by Novell need to be mirrored and made available to the local network by using yup. Access to the internet is controlled by a Microsoft ISA proxy solution which requires NTLM authentication. yup fails to sync the patches as the proxy denies network access due to authentication issues. Looking at the output of yup, the following error is experienced:
ERROR: < HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. )
--proxy-ntlm --proxy-userUSERNAME:PASSWORD --proxy http://URL:PORT
* About to connect() to proxy proxy.local port 8080
* Trying 192.168.1.253... connected
* Connected to proxy.local (192.168.1.253) port 8080
* Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to nu.novell.com:443
* Proxy auth using Basic with user ''GROUP\username''
* Server auth using Basic with user 'ID'
> CONNECT nu.novell.com:443 HTTP/1.0
> Host: nu.novell.com:443
> Proxy-Authorization: Basic STRING
> User-Agent: curl/7.15.1 (x86_64-suse-linux) libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.0
> Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
< HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. )
< Via:1.1 HOST
< Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
< Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="host.local"
* Authentication problem. Ignoring this.
< Proxy-Authenticate: Kerberos
< Proxy-Authenticate: Negotiate
< Pragma: no-cache
< Cache-Control: no-cache
< Content-Type: text/html
< Content-Length: 2376
* Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT
* Closing connection #0