The InformUserOfUpdates feature within the iprint.ini is not honored by workstations with the iPrint Client for Windows version 4.34.
The expectation is that the following message is not presented to the end user because the InformUserOfUpdates value is set to 0, but because of a bug in the 4.34 client, the message is displayed:
The Administrator has renamed or modified printer ipp://[serverDNSorIP][PrinterName]. Please wait while this printer is updated.
In the case of an iPrint printer agent rename, the above message will be followed by this message:
Printer ipp://[serverDNSorIP][PrinterName] has been updated and its name changed to ipp://[serverDNSorIP][PrinterName].
- Go to download.novell.com
- Choose iPrint from the drop down list
- Click the patches link
- Find the latest version of the iPrint Client
The ability to suppress iPrint messages to end users requires the following requirements to be met:
- iPrint client version 4.26 or later (However, the 4.34 client has a bug with this feature.)
- NDPSM.NLM dated 06OCT2006 or later
- Modify the InformUserOfUpdates value in the server's iPrint.ini.
Within the SYS\Apache2\htdocs\ippdocs\iprint.ini, set the InformUserOfUpdate value to 0
- See KB 3756262 for an important explanation of the directories under ippdocs.
InformUserOfUpdates = 0
This setting controls whether the iPrint client will inform the user that a printer or driver profile has been updated, renamed, deleted, or moved.
0 = Do not inform the user of changes.
1 = Inform user of changes via message box (DEFAULT).