Novell GroupWise 7.01
Novell Nterprise Linux Services
Novell NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 5
Cannot Prime Caching Mailbox.
Cannot start Caching Mode.
Starting Caching mode results in error: The Server is Busy, GroupWise will try to connect again in x minutes error on user who has not yet been in caching mode.
Increase the number of TCP Handler Threads under POA agent settings in ConsoleOne.
The Max Thread usage under POA agent setting is the allowed percentage of TCP Threads that can be used for Priming Caching Mailboxes and User Moves.
By default this is set to 10 TCP Handler Threads which would mean that only 2 of these threads can be used for Priming or Moves if needed.
If these threads become hung for any reason they are no longer available for use and Priming as well as User Moves do not process.
Restart the POA to free the threads and Increase TCP Handler Threads to add more threads for this process.
Steps to duplicate:
1. Users who have never been in Caching mode before enter the GroupWise client and select Caching mode in the select mode drop down.
2. The user is then prompted to enter a Password for the online Mailbox | select OK | in the Security Options box, enter the new password and confirm the new password.
3. The user is then prompted to specify a path for the Caching Mailbox Location | enter path, for instance: C:\cache | select Yes to create the folder | C:\cache Select Yes to use the Online Mailbox Password to access your Caching Mailbox.
4. The Updating Mailbox dialog appears showing POA SLAP, Send/Retrieve Novell GroupWise, Connecting to server at IP address... connected, The Server is Busy, GroupWise will try to connect again in x minutes. It will try again but will fail with Server Busy error again and again at the default intervals.
5. Restarting the GroupWise client does not correct the issue.
6. Restarting the POA does. Once the POA is restarted the user can then go in to Caching Mode and the Caching mailbox is primed.
7. Choosing to hit the road before selecting caching mode in an attempt to Prime the caching mailbox does not resolve the issue even though the remote mailbox is updated, it is still not possible to switch in to caching mode until the POA has been restarted. Attempts prior to POA reboot result in Error: The Server is busy, GroupWise will try to connect again in x minutes.