Novell GroupWise 7 Post Office Agent
To identify the steps to create a functioning IMAP only GroupWise Post Office Agent on a different server (Server2) than the message file processing POA. For the purposes of this document the Post Office and both of the POA's in question will be on Netware 6.5, and it is assumed that Server2 has the GroupWise agents installed already.
1. In ConsoleOne, be connected to the GroupWise Domain that owns the Post Office in which you would like to move the IMAP connection and processing responsiblities to a new IMAP only POA. In this example the Domain is called "UTAH".
2. To create the new POA, in the GroupWise view of ConsoleOne, hilite the Post Office object in question, in this example it is called "PROVO", right click, New, POA, type for example, a name for the POA, "IMAP" ( no quotes ), OK.
3. Now, hilite the original main POA for "PROVO" called"POA", right click, Properties, GroupWise tab, Agent Settings, and make sure there is NO check mark by "Enable IMAP".
4. Now, hilite the IMAP only POA for "PROVO" called"IMAP", right click, Properties, GroupWise tab, Agent Settings,
a. Message File Processing - Select OFF.
b. Enable Tcp/IP for Client Server - Make sure this is checked
c. Enable Caching - Make sure this is NOT checked
d. Enable IMAP - Make sure this is checked
e. Enable SOAP - Make sure this is NOT checked
f. Enable SNMP - Make sure this is NOT checked
g. APPLY, CLOSE
5. Now again, hilite the IMAP only POA for "PROVO" called "IMAP", right click, Properties, GroupWise tab,
Network Address, and type in the correct IP address for the IMAP only POA server.
6. Now for the last time, hilite the IMAP only POA for"PROVO" called "IMAP", right click, Properties, GroupWise tab, Quickfinder, and remove the check mark.
7. As an added measure of configuration to avoid any potential problems, copy the startup file for the Provo Post Office Agent (SYS:\System), called "Provo.poa" to the IMAP only POA server , SYS: System. Rename it to IMAP.poa. In this file the ONLY startup options that should be active are :
a. /home // this should of course point to the path to the Post Office directory
n. /imapport-143 // Make sure there is not port conflict with another process
o. /soap - disabled
p. /cap - disabled
8. Edit the startup file for the Provo Post Office Agent (SYS:\System), called "Provo.poa" on the POA server , SYS: System, and ADD the line :
a. /name-POA // You can place this most anywhere but I put it under the /home switch
9. After hours or when convenient shut down the Post Office agent ( PROVO ) that services the Post Office for message file processing and client server, then restart it normally with :
LOAD SYS:\SYSTEM\GWPOA @PROVO.POA.
10. To start the IMAP only POA on "SERVER2" server with :
LOAD SYS:\SYSTEM\GWPOA @IMAP.POA.
This procedure can be implemented to reduce the processing load on the message file processing / client server poa file server.