Novell Linux Desktop 9
SUSE LINUX Professional 9.3
Possible reasons for this error:
(1) The installation of the novfs.ko kernel module didn't complete properly due to the prerequisites not having been met.
(2) You have the prerequisites installed, but you updated your kernel.
(3) You are trying to install the Novell Client for Linux on a 64 bit system.
(2) If you have fullfilled the prerequisites and you are not running Novell Linux Desktop 9 Support Pack 2 or later (see fix 1 above), then you probably just need to recompile your updated kernel using the mk_novfs script found in the /opt/novell/ncl/src/novfs directory. You can do this by opening a terminal and running the mk_novfs command as root.
(3) The Novell Client for Linux is not yet supported on a 64 bit system.
Even though you may have installed or updated a new kernel (ie
kernel-smp or kernel-default), you will not use that new kernel
until you reboot. Remember that there isn't much in Linux that
requires a reboot, but updating a kernel does require a reboot in
order for the kernel to take affect. You do not need to reboot if
you have only applied a kernel-source package.
Formerly known as TID# 10098221