Novell eDirectory 8.8 for All Platforms
Novell eDirectory 18.104.22.168 for All Platforms
Need recommendations on how to use dynamic groups.
- General rule of thumb on the maximum number to use
- How to optimize for best performance
- How to best utilize them from applications
These are general guidelines to help administrators best deploy dynamic groups. Before the deployment is done, tests need to be run in a environment similar to the production one.
- As a rule of thumb, the number of dynamic groups should be limited to five hundred or less. If each group is designed for optimal performance, it's possible that more could be used. (See below for how to tune each group for performance.) Again, testing must be done regardless of the number actually created.
- As with any type of group, optimal performance is achieved when a presence search is done for one member. (For example, the LDAP search filter would be similar to the follow -"member=cn=scooby,o=novell.) If possible, avoid returning all the members.
Tuning groups for optimal performance:
- Verify that the search string in memberqueryURL uses an index. (Note: this only helps in the case where all the members of the group are returned.)