Novell Open Enterprise Server (Linux based)
Attempted to start the print manager by issuing rcnovell-ipsmd start or restart the manager by issuing rcnovell-ipsmd restart following migration of print manger.
Configuration files stored in /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf are corrupt.
Create a symbolic link Start the print manager
- Restore the files from backup media
- Change ownership
- chown root.root /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/<PrintManager and Context>.ipsmd.conf
- Replace <PrintManager and Context> with something like this:
- chown root.root /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/myPrntMgr.pittsburg.corp.ipsmd.conf
- ln -s /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/<PrintManager and Context>.ipsmd.conf ipsmd.conf
- ln -s /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/myPrntMgr.pittsburg.corp.ipsmd.conf ipsmd.conf
- rcnovell-ipsmd start