Novell GroupWise 6.5
This behavior also applies to appointments scheduled to occur between October 28 and November 4 of 2007 (the old and new DST end dates), or during any similar period in future years. After a workstation's time zone definitions are updated, appointments can be correctly scheduled for these time periods.
Work Schedule Start and End times will be shown off by one hour during the extended DST periods after the workstation has been updated with the new DST time zone definitions. Before Mar 11, 2007 and after Mar 31, 2007 they will be correct when viewed in a Calendar view. Between Mar 11 and 31, 2007 they will be off by one hour in any time zone that has had changed DST definitions. The same will be seen when looking at the week between Oct 28 and Nov 4, 2007.
Busy Search results show users Start and End Work Schedule times off by one hour during new DST time zone definition periods.
For situations where the GroupWise DST Adjustor 2007 tool is not used the following steps will need to be completed manually be all end users.
For situations where the GropuWise DST Adjustor 2007 tool has been used the first step below will not be required. The remaining steps may be required for some scheduled events.
All end users should review their scheduled events and adjust them as needed after the tool has been run. End users should complete the following tasks after the workstation(s) have been updated with the new DST time zone changes.
- Reset the Work Schedule Start and End time
- Verify and Adjust Scheduled Events between Mar 11 and Mar 31, 2007
- Verify and Adjust Scheduled Events between Oct 28 and Nov 4,
2007 if applicable
2. Change the Work Schedule - Start time and End time values to something different
3. Click OK
4. Choose Date and Time... again
5. Set the Start time and End time values back to the original or desired values
6. Click OK
7. Click Close
2. Verify and Adjusting Scheduled Events between Mar 11 and Mar 31, 2007
Adjusting Posted Appointments:
1. Drag and drop the appointment to the new time
2. Open the appointment, modify the time, then click Post
Adjusting Sent Appointments:
Note: Resends of recurring appointments must be done on each instance of the recurring appointment. Drag and drops of recurring appointments can be done on the first instance of the appointment to change all instances of the recurring appointment.
1. Drag and drop the appointment to the new time. When prompted to edit, choose no. The old appointment is retracted and the new one re-sent.
2. Select the appointment. Choose the Resend menu option. Modify the time (and other changes if desired) then click Send. Choose Yes to retract.
Adjusting Posted All-Day Events:
1. Drag/Drop the all-day event onto the same day.
2. Open the item, click the all-day event check box, then click Post
Adjusting Sent All-Day Events:
1. Select the all-day event. Choose the Resend menu option. Click the all-day event check box, then click Send. Choose Yes to retract.
Adjusting Received Appointments or All-Day Events:
1. Contact the event organizer and ask them to adjust and resend the item.
Sample email communication to End Users from IT
Sample E-Mail Subject Line: "IT Alert: End-User Action Required"
This message contains critical information that all employees will need to understand and act upon.
Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. and Canada has been extended by three weeks in the spring and one week in the fall. This will affect some messages sent out by GroupWise or any other collaboration email system. Appointments and other scheduled events sent out before workstations received the updated DST time zone changes may be off by one hour during the period from March 11-31 and also from October 28 to November 4.
We want to make you aware of the need to check your own calendar
for appointment accuracy. There is also one change required to
reset your Scheduled Work Start and End times in GroupWise.
We recommend you include the intended time of day for your
appointments during this period in the subject line of each
appointment you send out. This way you and your co-workers will
know what time the meeting is intended to be held.
The steps detailed in the
Resolution section of this TID can be modified to fit your
environment and insterted here. They could also be placed in a
separate document with appropriate screen shots and then attached
to the email sent out to End Users.
There is also a sample
document onCool Solutionsthat walks users through how to
set up a GroupWise folder that will search your calendar for
affected appointments during the DST time-zone changes. This may be
useful to End Users in identifying which Appointments and Scheduled
events require verification and adjustments.
Cool Solutions - Daylight Saving Time Change Impacts GroupWise Appointments
TID 3802376 - NOTICE to GroupWise Customers: Daylight Saving Times - DST are Changing for most of the U.S. and Canadian Time Zones
TID 3094409 - (DST Master TID) Time zone and Daylight Saving Changes for Novell Products - 2006 and 2007