Upgrading to NetWare 6.5
- The server to be upgraded must be running one
of the following:
- NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6
- NetWare 6.0 server with Support Pack 3
- The server to be upgraded cannot be in a tree that contains NetWare 4.10 servers. All servers in the tree must be NetWare 4.11 or later.
- A server-class PC with a Pentium II or AMD K7 processor
- 512 MB of RAM (Minimum)
- 1 GB of RAM (Recommended)
- A Super VGA display adapter
- A DOS partition of at least 200 MB and 200 MB available space
- 2 GB of available disk space outside the DOS partition for volume SYS:
- One network board
- A CD drive
- A USB or PS/2 mouse (recommended but not required)
1. Mount NetWare 6.5 CD (Operating System) as a NetWare volume by entering LOAD CD9660.NSS at the system console.
2. From the server GUI console, click Novell and select Install.
3. In the Installed Products page, select Add.
4. When the Source Path page appears, browse to the location of your NetWare 6.5 software.
5. Select the product.ni file and click OK.
6. Verify that the Source Path window has the correct path
filled in and click OK.
Prior to performing your upgrade or migration from NetWare 5.1 or 6.0, we would strongly suggest the following;
- Download the eDirectory 8.7.3 IR3 Overlay CD which you will find by browsing to the following Novell Support page;
- Select "Downloadsâ then "Product Downloadsâ from the support home menu
- Select eDirectory from the pull-down menu of the "Product or Technology dialogue box and then hit the"Searchâ button
- Select "eDirectory 8.7.3 CD (ISO) Imagesâ from the results box
- Select the file titled"edir_873_ir3_nw.isoâ
- Download or print out the"Installation Instructionsâ from the same page you downloaded your image file.
- Create a CD from the image file (If you choose to extract the ISO image to a server directoryâ¦ "Please DO NOT change the directory structure of the imaged files in any wayâ).
Upgrading eDirectory to 184.108.40.206 minimum prior to the OS upgrade will allow for a more seamless process because you will be extending your schema in advance of the upgrade or migration.
If you desire to upgrade eDirectory on NetWare 5.1, eDirectory 220.127.116.11 is the lastest version recommended. eDirectory 18.104.22.168 or later has NOT been tested with NetWare 5.1
Formerly known as TID# 10086998