Novell eDirectory 8.7.3
The problem only appears to occur under these conditions:
1. An exact search is being done, e.g."newattr=12345678901234567890123456789012".
2. The attribute is not part of the eDirectory base schema; it has been created by an application or administrator.
3. The attribute's type is case ignore string.
4. A substring index has been created for the attribute but a value index has not.
5. The value in the search filter is 32 characters or longer. For example, the value in step #1 is"12345678901234567890123456789012", which would meet this criteria.
Create a value index for the attribute. For example, if the search in step #1 above wasn't returning the correct results, you would create a value index for newattr. See Creating, Deleting and Recreating eDirectory Indexes for the procedure to do this.