Novell Apache on NetWare 6.5
This document describes implementing LDAP authentication for web services.
- Open the SYS:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf file.
- Locate the directory block desired to be protected. Each
directory may have it's own
- Inside of this directory block (between the "
" and "" tags), add the lines that turn on authentication :
require group cn=group,o=novell
- Change the group to the group that is required for authentication (the "require group" line above).
- Change the hostname to an appropriate LDAP server (or leave as"localhost" if this server will also act as the LDAP server) on the AuthLDAPURL line.
- Set the "o=novell" to an appropriate base DN on the AuthLDAPURL line.
- Restart Apache. If apache does not start, check the SYS:/Apache2/logs files for specific reasons, and correct the errors. Restart apache again.
- Test the authentication. If authentication fails, change
the LogLevel to "debug" instead of "warn" in the httpd.conf file
and restart. Watch the latest error log when authenticating
to see the reasons why.
It may be necessary to add public access to the group and it's member attributes, as well as access to the CN or UID attributes of the users who will be authenticating.