Novell GroupWise 7
Novell GroupWise Mobile Server (GMS)
Configuring SOAP communication protocol over SSL on a GMS server.
Steps for configuring SSL settings:
- GroupWise site preparation:
- If a desired PO does not have SSL certificate files (*.b64 and *.key) in its directory structure, use GroupWise CSR generator to create those two files. This utility can be found under SDD\Admin\Utility\Gwcsrgen.
- Start ConsoleOne and connect to a GroupWise system.
- Select a PO where you want to have a SOAP communication over SSL.
- Check properties of the POA object and in GroupWise | SSL settings provide certificate and SSL key files location.
- In GroupWise | Agent Settings of POA section make sure SOAP protocol and is enabled.
- In GroupWise | Network Address section of POA check SOAP protocol port and enable SSL.
- Make sure that the POA now listens on SOAP SSL port. POA can be also bounced and then via F9 from server console see valid configuration settings.
- GroupWise Mobile Server preparation site:
- Start Admin Console from a GMS server.
- Check properties of Intellisync Mobile Suite.
- Go in Authentication | Authentication Sources button and edit existing or add GroupWise authentication point. Make sure that IP address + SOAP port settings are valid, enable SSL.
- Under Profile Settings | Email Accelerator | Novell GroupWise edit default profile or create new. Make sure that IP address + SOAP port settings are valid, enable SSL.
Since now a GMS server communicates to a POA over SSL / SOAP protocol. If there is a need to remove SSL settings, start to remove it from GroupWise site - POA object.
IMPORTANT- Note if SSL is enabled in a GMS server within one GroupWise authentication point (a POA settings), it is necessary to configure on a GroupWise site also a rest of POs with SSL settings if those are intended to cooperate with the GMS server. See also TID# 3734197.