Novell GroupWise 7
Novell GroupWise 32 bit Client
Caching / Remote mailbox
Search result does not find all items in a caching mailbox based upon specified criteria.
Running GWCheck does not resolve the issue.
Unlike live Post Office, GroupWise client does not have"on-fly" procedure to reindex a caching mailbox. However, there is a trick to make it:
- In a caching mailbox directory find rofdata\index one. There are index files for the caching mailbox.
- Copy off index file(s) into any backup location.
- Start GroupWise client in Online mode.
- Keep holding left Ctrl+Shift key combo and by a mouse change a mode from Online into Remote mailbox. This invokes a client restart prompt - answer Yes.
- Keep still holding Ctrl+Shift and upon a new startup of the client, you will see reindexing process starting.
- After the client starts in remote mailbox, there shall be new index file created under rofdata\index directory.
- Restart now the client into Caching mode and check if search process finds all items.