If the name of an iPrint printer name changes, an iPrint printer is deleted from the Print Manager, or a Printer Driver Profile/Driver is updated with the Auto Driver Update feature enabled, then the iPrint printer installed to the Windows workstation will automatically be removed. The following message will be presented to the user:
Printer ipp://[serverDNSorIP][PrinterName] has been updated and its name changed to ipp://[serverDNSorIP]/[PrinterName].
Some administrators prefer that these messages are not presented to the user.
These messages can be suppressed by setting the InformUserOfUpdates to 0. This feature requires:
- Minimum version requirements:
- iPrint client version 4.26 or later
- NetWare: NDPSM.NLM dated 06OCT2006 or later
- Linux: All versions of OES Linux
- Modify the InformUserOfUpdates value in the server's iPrint.ini.
- NetWare: SYS\Apache2\htdocs\ippdocs\iprint.ini
- Linux: /var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs/iprint.ini
- Restart Apache for the change to take effect
- rcapache2 restart
InformUserOfUpdates = 0
This setting controls whether the iPrint client will inform the user that a printer or driver profile has been updated, renamed, deleted, or moved.
0 = Do not inform the user of changes.
1 = Inform user of changes via message box (DEFAULT).