- Proxy user sends all email with old signature block information, the updated signature block is not being used
- 6.5 Signature Block shows up on sent email
- Previous signature block information still shows up for proxy senders but not for mailbox owner
- GroupWise 7.x clients for all users involved, clients updated from GroupWise 6.5 some time previous
- User A has signature block settings to "Automatically add" the signature block
- User A recently changed signature block information with a job/role/location change
- User A has authorized full proxy access to User B
- User B sends messages when proxied into User A's account
Change the signature block settings for the mailbox owner to "Prompt before adding" instead of "Automatically add". As the mailbox owner, within the GroupWise client complete the following steps:
- select the menu option Tools
- select Options ...
- double click Environment
- click the Signature tab
- click Prompt before adding
- click Ok
- click Close
This will result in the mailbox owner and the proxy users being prompted to add the signature block. This will be one extra step in sending a message. The correct signature block will be used when the proxy user sends a message.
This workaround is based on the ability to remove the older
signature block that is not accessible in the GroupWise 7 or later
clients. The ability to use older clients may be limited by the
Administrator in the Post Office settings.
- Install GroupWise 6.5 client on a test workstation
- Log into the user's GroupWise account on the test workstation
- Go to the Signature setting by selecting - Tools | Options... | Environment | Signature
- Delete all text from the Signature block field
- Click "Ok" and then "Close"