Novell ZENworks Desktop Management 7 - ZDM7 Imaging
Novell ZENworks Desktop Management 6.5 - ZDM6.5 Imaging
Upgraded from ZfD 4 or earlier to ZDM 7 and found that the ZDM Imaging Service (ZIS) eDirectory object has not been created during ZDM 7 Installation. Re-install ZDM 7 did not fix this situation.
How to manually create the ZIS object in eDirectory.
Manually create ZIS Object and make necessary associations :-
- In Console One, go to context where Imaging Server is.
- Create a new "zenimgImagingService" object named with this naming convention "
-ZIS" (for example nw65-ZIS)
- Open object and go to "other" page.
- Add these two attributes :"zenimgImaginServer". Browse to the NCP Server object of the imaging server for the value.
"zenwmID". Paste in this as the value"388b2b6dc6793630c8f66b24b5ac5a0d" (copied from existing valid ZIS object)
- Go to the properties of the NCP Server object of the Imaging Server.
- Go to "other" page.
- Add a "zenimgImagingService" attribute, browsing to the newly created ZIS object for the value. Then save change.
- Right-click on eDirectory "tree" object in Console One & select "trustees of this object".
- Add the newly created ZIS object as a trustee with "browse" object rights &"read" and "compare" all attribute rights to [root].
- 10.Restart workstation and verify automated imaging now works.
See related TID :-