Microsoft SQL 2000
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
How do I backup/transfer the ZENworks Endpoint Security Management databases?
- How to back up the databases - The 3 ZENworks Endpoint Security databases by default are named STDSDB, STMSDB, STRSDB.
- Open up SQL Enterprise Manager
- Expand the Databases folder
- Right click on STDSDB and select "All Tasks", "Backup Database"
- The SQL Server Backup dialog box is displayed
- Leave the default settings as they are and click on the "Add" button
- Select a location to save the database to and name it STDSDB.bak
- Click OK and the database will start the backup
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the STMSDB and the STRSDB keeping in mind to name the databases respectfully STMSDB.bak and STRSDB.bak
Restoring the Databases on a new ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Server
- Install the ZENworks Endpoint Security Management Single Server install (or a multi-server install if desired). Note - if during the original install of the ZESM server product the database names were changed make sure to use the same name during install. Also, please name the new server the same as the original server so that all existing ZESM clients will be able to communicate to this server
- After the installation stop the Senforce Event Packager 3.0 and Senforce Management Service Agent 3.0 in services
- After the installation the new databases will be created in SQL Enterprise Manager under the Database folder. Click on the database you wish to restore, select "All Tasks" and "Restore Database"
- The Restore database dialog box will be displayed. Select the database you wish to restore, select the "From device" radio button and do a complete restore.
- Click the "Select Devices" button
- Click the Add button and browse to the .bak file of the database you did a backup on
- Click the OK button 3 times and the database will be restored
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the rest of the databases you need to restore