1. Backup Trustees with TRUSTBAR.NLM on all volumes. Obtainable from https://support.novell.com/filefinder (Ex: TRUSTBAR VOL: -B -V) (Verbose writes to the logger screen) (TRUSTBAR writes to trustees.xml at the root of the volume, copy that to the local workstation)
2. Copy data files from the source to the target server.
3. Copy the TRUSTEE.XLM files from the source server to the target server. (Created with TRUSTBAR.NLM)
4. On a local workstation, map a drive to the SYS:\ volume on both the source server and the destination server.
5. On the source server, backup eDirectory with NWCONFIG | Directory Options | Directory Backup and Restore Options | Save Local NDS information before a hardware upgrade (SYS:\SYSTEM\$HWNDS.BAK)
6. On your workstation, copy the SYS:\SYSTEM\$HWNDS.BAK directory to the destination server (SYS:\SYSTEM\$HWNDS.BAK). Overwrite any existing directory on the server.
7. Down the source server.
8. On the destination server, change the Time parameters, IP address, serverID and Server name to matches the source server.
9. On your destination server, remove eDirectory using NWCONFIG | DIrectory Options | Remove Directory Services from this server.
10. Restart the destination server.
11. After the destination server comes back up, restore eDirectory with NWCONFIG | Directory Options | Directory Backup and Restore Options | Restore local NDS information after hardware upgrade. Hit
12. Restore trustees with TRUSTBAR.NLM on all volumes. Copy the trustees.xml file you created in step 1 to the root of each volume. Then restore with TRUSTBAR VOL:\trustees.xml(or different filename) -R -V
Your manual server migration is complete. Reboot your server and let it come back up normally. Additional products installed on the destination server may have to be reinstalled and reconfigured.