Novell Identity Manager 3.0
Novell Identity Manager 3.5
Novell Identity Manager Driver- Groupwise Driver
When synchronizing new group objects on the Subscriber Channel, the creation fails when the group has members in the add event.
The problem occurs when the following conditions are met:
- Group creation is vetoed by creation policies because of missing required attribute
- Add members to group. The group creation is still vetoed
- When the required attributes are then added to the group, the creation fails with error java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
To work around this issue, remove the members from the add event and then add the members back to the group after the add operation.
Below is a example of a rule on the Subscriber Command Transformation Policy which can be used to add the members back:
Add Members back to group after group creation Group add
StatusReported to Engineering
- Creating the group with the required attributes before adding members works as expected.
- Even thou this is a working example it might not meet your specific requirements and
applying this rule should be tested extensively before applying it to production.