Novell ZENworks 6.5 Desktop Management Support Pack 2 - ZDM6.5 SP2 Management Agent
Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management Support Pack 1 - ZDM7 SP1 Management Agent
Workstation Operating System includes Windows 2000 and Windows XP
Novell Client 4.91 Support Pack 2 or similar installed on workstations
ZENworks 6.5 SP2 Agent installed without Inventory, Remote Management or Imaging components
One or more of the following points may be encountered in this situation:
- Updating to ZENworks 7 SP1 ZfDAgent and adding the Inventory and Remote Management components during the upgrade.
- Admin Studio or a similar utility was used to create a MST file to add the Inventory and Remote Management components during the upgrade.
- A ZENworks MSI Application object was created to install the updated ZfDAgent and apply the MST file at the same time.
- Changes included in the MST file are not being applied.
- Manually running msiexec using the ZfDAgent.msi and the created MST files is not applying the MST changes.
- Uninstalling the existing ZfDAgent and installing the updated ZfDAgent with the MST works.
- Manually running the following command does not apply MST changes to existing zfdagent installation:
msiexec /i zfdagent.msi /TRANSFORMS=afdagent.mst /qr
Use the ZENworks Application Object MSI Properties instead of a MST file to make these changes.
1. Create a new MSI Application Object using the ZfDAgent.msi file.
2. Go to the MSI Properties page and add the following Properties with the desired values:
Note: The ADDLOCAL value string is case sensitive and must have each value separated by commas with no spaces.
Optionally: add ",Imaging" to the end of the ADDLOCAL value if desired.
More details on the above properties and other available properties is available in the online documentation found at:
Note:When testing using the msiexec command directly, or when using msiexec in an application's run command, use the /qb switch instead of/qn,/qr or /qf. The /qb switch is used by ZENworks when it launches msiexec to install a msi application file.
Some older versions of the ZfDAgent had difficulties correctly applying a MST file when updating to a newer ZfDAgent.msi. In these situations modifying the ZfDAgent install using the MSI Properties page of the ZENworks Application Object will provide the same results as applying a MST for these properties.