Novell ZENworks 7 Desktop Management Support Pack 1 - ZDM7 SP1 Inventory
Novell ZENworks 6.5 Desktop Management Support Pack 2 - ZDM6.5 SP2 ZENworks Inventory
Novell ZENworks 6.5 Server Management Support Pack 2 - ZSM6.5 SP2 Inventory
Novell ZENworks 7 Server Management Support Pack 1 - ZSM7 SP1 Inventory
Automated Inventory Data export via DBEXPORT.NCF
- Ensure that you have generated the data configurations files through ConsoleOne
- Add an entry similar to -sn"ZenWorks Inventory Data Export"in the DBEXPORT.NCF, for example:
JAVA -ns -sn "ZenWorks Inventory Data Export" -mx128m -classpath $tmppath;$classpath com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.dbexport.DBExport %1 %2
The "-sn" option gives you the ability to set the screen name for the new screen, instead of accepting the default screen name. This name is shown when the user presses ALT+ESC or CTRL+ESC on the Netware Console.
- Replace -ns with -nsac in DBEXPORT.NCF, this means that the screen will automatically close at the end of the export, instead of waiting for you to "Press any key"
- Use theCRONtool to schedule a job.
- Ensure that the output file can be created: for all versions of ZENworks before ZENworks Desktop Management 7 SP1 Hot patch 4, you will need to manually delete the output file before running dbexport, otherwise the process will halt, waiting for you to ask whether to overwrite the file.
For ZDM7SP1HP4 and newer, open the saved .exp file you have created, and change DEExportAutoOverwrite=NO to DEExportAutoOverwrite=YES (or add the line if it is not already present).
Formerly known as TID# 10076888 NOVL84193