Novell GroupWise 7 Gateway for Microsoft Exchange
Novell GroupWise 7
Novell GroupWise 6.5
Microsoft Exchange 2000
Microsoft Exchange 2003
New gateway installation and post configuration went fine, after starting it, no Exchange users get replicated.
After various troubleshooting of existing gateway / connector, no new Exchange users are replicated.
GroupWise users are replicated on Active Directory / Exchange site.
The problem originates in a missing or corrupted GWISE email address component within the Default Recipient Policy. It is essential that each Exchange user must have GWISE email address attribute, otherwise such a user is not synchronized.
- Verify that in the C:\Program Files\Exchsrv\address is a directory called GWISE with two files, gwproxy.dll and gwproxy.hlp. If the files are missing or outdated, replace them by ones from the gateway installation directory.
- Stop and restart all active Exchange services.
- Start Exchange System Manager. Here example from Exchange 2003 system, expand Recipients -> Recipient Update Services.
- In this container there are two (or more) Recipient Services. Right-click on the first listed and select Rebuild, then Update Now option. Repeat the same with the rest of services.
- Click on Recipient Policies container on the left site -> on the right site is Default Policy object. View properties, E-Mail Addresses (Policy) tab. Here must be GWISE listed and enabled with the address format like, for instance Novell Organization.First Administrative Group.%m.
- If the GWISE address is listed, then right-click on Default Policy object and select Apply this policy now ... Alternatively when staying in the E-Mail Addresses tab disable the GWISE (do not delete). After applying the change, enable the GWISE check-box again and click on Apply. System manager now informs that the GWISE address will be available for new users and if it shall apply also to all existing users - answer Yes.
If all above fails, here are possible steps to get over the problem:
- Start Exchange System Manager.
- Under Recipients | Recipients Policy check properties of the Default Policy object.
- From E-Mail Addresses tab remove any GWISE item listed.
- Stop all active Exchange services.
- Make sure that under c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address there is a directory called GWISE and has two files in, gwproxy.dll and gwproxy.hlp from the gateway installation source directory.
- Start again all necessary Exchange services.
- Start installation of the gateway -> go for "Removing Addressing components" option first to clean rests.
- After that, repeat the installation again, now go for "Install Addressing components".
- After that go in the System Manager, Recipient Update Services, rebuild and apply all recipient services.
- Check Recipient Policies | Default Policy -> E-Mail Addresses. The GWISE shall be listed. It can take a time based on a complexity of a Exchange system.