Novell GroupWise 6.5
Novell GroupWise 7
Venezuela has changed their time from GMT -4 to GMT -4.5.
These are the steps that will be needed to create a new time zone in ConsoleOne and resetting the Domain(s), Post Office(s) and Gateway(s) that will be effected by this change.
- In ConsoleOne, select Tools -> GroupWise System Operations -> Time Zones
- Click on Add
- Fill in the new Time Zone name
- Fill the Offset from GMT, using -4 hours and 30 minutes
- The abbreviation isn't a required field and can be left blank or used if wanted
- Leave the Observe Daylight Savings Time box unchecked as this new change does not observe this time change
- Click on Ok
- Click on Close
To change the TimeZone setting for the post office:
- Right click on the Post office object and select Properties
- Select the GroupWise tab, if it is not selected
- Select Information from the drop down list
- Click on the drop down arrow for the TimeZone setting and select the newly created zone for Venezuela
Follow the above instructions for all post offices, domains and gateways that will be effected by this change
For the users that reside in Venezuela they should apply the Venezuela hotfix from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938977 on all Windows workstations.
For general information regarding Daylight Savings Time, time zone settings and changes, and GroupWise please refer to tid 3633553