Novell GroupWise 7 Support Pack 2
Novell GroupWise 32 bit Client
Novell GroupWise 32 bit Client Address Selector
Unable to send to certain addresses when they are accessed through the Address Selector.
Error: Some addresses are undeliverable and have been crossed out. Would you like to go to the address book to resolve them?
Addresses are selected from a Personal Address Book and start with INET:.
Personal Address Book entries have INET: in front of the email address.
Typing the address directly into the To: field sends without error.
This has been fixed in the Novell GroupWise 7 Support Pack 3.
Ensure that Internet Addressing is enabled. For information on how to do this, go to www.novell.com/documentation
and select the GroupWise 7 Administration Guide. Internet Addressing is a System Operation setting. Assuming Internet Addressing is enabled, there is no need to have an External Domain linked to the GroupWise Internet Agent in order to route email to the internet. Most addresses that are formatted in this way should be automatically corrected after enabling Internet Addressing but in some cases they need to be manually modified to remove any reference to an External Domain preceding the address (ie. inet:firstname.lastname@example.org - remove inet:).
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Create an External GroupWise Domain called INET using ConsoleOne.
2. Right click on the INET domain and select GroupWise Utilities|Link Configuration.
3. Change the link to this domain to be a Gateway Link (linked to the GWIA).
4. Now, try to send an email to an external user (any user) by addressing it as INET:email@example.com. This should send just fine.
5. Next, using the GroupWise 7.0.2 Client, launch the Address Book and create a new contact. For the Email Address, add an address formatted as INET:firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Launch the GroupWise 7.0.2 Client and open a New Mail Message. Instead of typing the address into the To field, click on the Address button and select the contact from your Personal Address Book.
7. Attempt to send the message... it will fail with an error that"Some addresses are undeliverable and have been crossed out...".
This was introduced with the 7.0.1 Client. It cannot be duplicated with the 7.0 shipping client.