Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Novell ZENworks 6.5 Desktop Management - ZfD6.5
Novell ZENworks Management Agent + Client
Novell Application Launcher (NAL)
If the C:\NALCACHE folder exists before you run NALVIEW or NALWIN and you have ONLY user associated apps the rights to that C:\NALCACHE folder will not be modified and if your users don't have rights you cannot run apps. It could be pre-existing from add on imaging or manually getting created.
Fixed with ZENLITE.DLL dated August 20, 2004 or in zfd65u2.exe or newer found at Novell Product Updates.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Take away the rights for the "Everyone" group at the root of C: by unchecking all the boxes.
2. Either manually create the C:\NALCACHE folder or push down an NAL app add-on image to get the C:\NALCACHE folder created
3. Look at the rights that the folder inherited. Everyone Group has no rights.
4. Run NALVIEW when you login and then view the rights. Everyone Group still has no rights.
5. Now delete the C:\NALCACHE directory.
6. Run NALVIEW or NALRUN and let it create the C:\NALCACHE directory
7. Look at the rights. Everyone group has all rights.
Apps can't be run unless they go give the rights to everyone.