Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Novell ZENworks Desktop Management 6.5 - ZDM65
Novell ZENworks for Desktops 6.5 - ZFD6.5
If a file has more than 14 icon indexes in it you only have the choice in ConsoleOne to choose one of the first 14 icons that are there for that app.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create an app like notepad
2. Open the details of this app and on the identification/Icon tab change the icon by clicking on the "Modify" button.
3. Click the "Browse" button and browse for C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll
You will only see 14 icons there.
To see what really should show up do the following:
1. Right-Click on your desktop and choose New -> Shortcut
2. Create a shortcut to anything like notepad.exe
3. Right-click on that shortcut and click on "Change Icon" button
4. Click the "Browse" button and browse for C:\windows\system32\shell32.dll
You will see more icons there.
You only have the choice of 14 icons instead of all of them.
Fixed with NALSNAP.JAR and NAL.JAR dated July 28, 2004 or in zfd65u2.exe or newer found at Novell Product Updates.