Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
iManager 2.0.2 no longer works on NetWare 6.5 after reinstalling DS on the server.
Error 500 When accessing https://serveripaddress/nps/iManager.html
Apache will not load or Listen on a secure port
Removed DS and installed the Server into a new Tree
Steps to reinstalling iManager 2.02 on a NetWare 6.5 box, with the above conditions, are as follows
Shutdown all the services related to iManager with the following four commands.
- At the server console type
- DO NOT rename/delete Apache2 or Adminserv directories. The reason behind this is the links on the Welcome Page end up missing. The sys/adminserv/xmldata and sys/adminserv/webapps directories will end up missing xml files. These directories only get populated at the time the server is installed. NOT reinstalling apache after the fact. DELETE the sys:\tomcat\4\webapps\nps\portalservlet.properties file.
- From the Server GUI select the start button -> install, which will load a menu to add and remove products, remove the following products from this screen.
- Apache2 Administration Instance, Apache2 Web Server, Tomcat Administration Instance, Tomcat4.
- Run PKIDIAG with option 0. This will validate the certificates so that iManager can listen on a secure port. If there are errors, run PKIDIAG again with option 4 followed by option 0. How to Use PKIDIAG to avoid issues can be used for further reference regarding pkidiag. PKIDIAG reports all findings to sys:\etc\certserv\repair.log
- Using ConsoleOne verify that the LDAP server object corresponding with the problem server has a SSL certificate specified under the SSL/TLS Configuration tab.
- If it does not you can specify one by selecting the browse button next to "Server Certificate"
- Restart the server once the products have been removed.
- Install the following products from the Server GUI -> Install Screen, Select Apache2 Web Server, Tomcat Administration Instance, Tomcat4, iManager 2. If your server is running Sp1a or the current service pack it is recommended to install the products from a overlay CD. Otherwise you will have to repatch the server after installing the products. If this is not done, you will have a mis-match of file versions.
- After the install is finished load apache and tomcat with the following commands
- ADMSRVUP (starts the admin instance of Apache2)
- AP2WEBUP (starts the Web instance of Apache2)
- TCADMUP (starts the Admin instance of Tomcat4)
- TOMCAT4 (starts the Web instance of Tomcat4)
- On the logger screen you will know Tomcat is fully loaded when you see statements that states Tomcat is listening on 9009 and 9010. You can also verify that Apache and tomcat are running by going to tcpcon -> protocol information -> TCP -> proceed. From this list you should find ports 2100, 2200,9009,9010.
- You now should be able to run https://serveripaddress/nps/iManager.html to configure iManager.
The logs that Apache creates generally include exact information as to the cause of the problem. These logs can be found in sys:\apache2\logs
Generally error_log includes the most helpful information.