Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Novell NetWare 5.0
Novell NetWare 5.1
Novell NetWare 5.0 Support Pack 6a
Novell NetWare 5.1 Support Pack 2a
Only rights available are Read rights to the Login and Public directories.
Rights are lost after applying Support Pack
Cannot map a drive to the server.
Monitor, Connections shows asterisks next to all the connections.
Client often shows x8901 errors.
Applying the support pack causes changes within the Registry and Directory Services database that can introduce corruption.
1. Down the server and delete SERVCFG.* files from the C:\NWSERVER directory (If you made changes to any set parameters in Monitor they will revert back to the default).
2. Run SETUPNLS at the server console. Login as Admin. When prompted to Allow the setup program to make modifications, say YES.
Check to see if you now have rights, if you do not, continue with the following:
1. Use NetWare Administrator and delete the NLS_LSP_ServerName, Licenses, and License envelopes in the container that the server resides in.
2. Run DSREPAIR, Adv Options Menu, Rebuild Local DS Database, and change rebuild Operational Schema to YES. Press F10 to run the repair.
3. Install the licenses through NWCONFIG.
4. Run SETUPNLS at the command console.
5. Bounce the server, if the server is not showing the server license as being in use.