Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Installing the Support Pack along with NetWare 5.1
Novell NetWare 5.1
To install the Support Pack as an inplace upgrade.
To overlay the Support Pack for a complete NetWare 5.1 install, complete the following steps:
1) Copy the NetWare 5.1 CDRom to a local drive or to a NetWare server volume.
2) Rename the NetWare 5.1 CDRom \Products\NDS8 directory to \Products\NDS8_OLD.
3) Copy the Support Pack to a local drive or to a NetWare server volume. Note: Both the NetWare 5.1 CD and the Support Pack contain directory paths that exceed the DOS limits. The file must be extracted in a root-level directory on your local drive or on a NetWare volume that accepts longer paths with long filenames.
4) Copy the Support Pack directories and files onto the NetWare 5.1 CD Image directory.
5) Delete NISETUP.IPS, SPACK.IPS files and \SP directory located at the root of the NetWare 5.1 CD Image directory.
6) Create the following subdirectories within the \PRODUCTS directory:
Copy the following directories to the \PRODUCTS directory.
7) Move the following files from the \STARTUP directory to the location indicated:
- Move MASV.XLM to \PRODUCTS\MASV
- Move *.XLM to \PRODUCTS\NICI\STARTUP
Note: move DOMXENG.XLM only if you have the domestic (strong encryption) NetWare 5.1.
8) If you are installing the server with NDS version 7, run INSTALL.BAT from the root directory. Or if you are installing NDS Version 8, run install8.bat.