Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
Novell NetWare 5.1 SP1
Novell NetWare 5.1 SP2a
Novell NetWare 5.0
Microsoft Word 97
Novell NetWare 5.0 Support Pack 5 (NW5SP5.EXE)
Novell Client 4.8 for Windows NT/2000
Novell client v4.71 for NT
Novell Client 4.71 sp3
Novell Client 3.3 for Windows 95/98
Word error: "There has been a network or file permission error."
Error: "Out of disk space [filename] to [servername] try deleting some files"
Error: "Can not move [filename]: there has been a sharing violation."
Error: "Can not move [filename]: Can not read from the source file or disk."
Error: "Cannot copy [filename]: cannot read from the source file or disk."
Typing RIGHTS at the DOS prompt the following error was returned: "Rights-4.22-675: This utility was unable to get the connection information"
Unable to save Word files.
Error when trying to save a file.
Unable to move Compressed Files
Unable to save existing files
Some users are unable to open the file at all.
This is fixed in an updated FILESYS.NLM. Visit Novell Product Updates to find the current build of FILESYS.NLM.
- Make sure there is no space restriction on the directory
- Go to Client properties / advanced settings / File Caching / set this parameter to "off" for all workstations.
- Again in Client properties / advanced settings / File Commit / set this parameter to "on."
- Capture a LAN trace of the file lock issue. Novell Technical Support will need to analyze the trace.
- Go to the server MONITOR / SERVER PARAMETER / NCP / CLIENT FILE CACHING ENABLED set this parameter to "off"
- Open the file three times before trying to move it.