Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided 'as is' for your convenience.
How to delete the NET$AUDT.CAF file if it is too large.
Novell NetWare 5.0
Novell Directory Services
Novell Auditing Service
NET$AUDT.CAF file is created for a volume when volume auditing is enabled.
Volume Auditing enabled.
SYS volume is out of space.
NET$AUDT.CAF file is taking up all the space on a volume.
The NET$AUDT.CAF file can grow quite large and use of all of the disk space for a volume. Once all the space is gone it locks up the volume.
1. Unload DS.NLM.
2. Run JCMD.NLM (Third Party NLM that is a DOS emulator).
3. Rename the SYS:\_NETWARE directory.
4. Reboot the server.
5. Run JCMD.NLM.
6. Change to the renamed directory.
7. Delete the NET$AUDT.CAF file.
8. Use the COPY command to rename the directory back to _NETWARE. (Ex: copy sys:\_netware.old sys:\_NetWare)
9. Reboot the server again.
10. Access the SYS volume through a client
11. Open the renamed _NETWARE directory.
12. Highlight all files and Right Click.
13. Uncheck ARCHIVE selection and select to APPLY.
14. Delete the renamed _NETWARE directory.